Congratulations again on your accepted work-in-progress. In the following, we will summarize how we expect you to present your work.
- Register for the conference. At least one author must do so in order for the work-in-progress abstracts to be published.
- Prepare your 30-second-madness presentation. At the conference, you will have the opportunity to get the plenum excited about your poster presentation. You may give a one-slide presentation, show a 30-seconds video, perform an act, or come up with something new. Whatever you decide to do, you will only have 30 seconds and there will be no exceptions.
Please prepare one Powerpoint slide, PDF page or image (bmp, jpg, png) or 30-seconds video and upload it at https://automotiveui-upload.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/ at least one day before the conference (September 23rd). If the link does not work for you (e.g. because we are using a self signed certificate), try this unencrypted one or send your material to wip2017(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)auto-ui.org. If you fail to do so, we will show a simple slide with the title of your poster. All slides will be compiled into one presentation and advance automatically. The projector will display in a 16:9 layout.
A note on data privacy: we will not distribute your data, but they will only be secured “normally” and it may thus not be a good idea to save sensitive data, such as business secrets in your presentation 😉
- Please bring a printed version of your poster to the conference. If you forgot it, left it on the airplane, had it damaged in transit, or had other problems, there are a few copy shops in Oldenburg where your poster can be printed at a non-trivial cost. For example, Copyteam is close to the venue. As we have limited space, we recommend a maximum poster size of A0 in portrait orientation (WxH: 841 x 1189mm or 33.1 x 46.8in).
Tips for a good poster
- A poster is a different medium to the Extended Abstract: It is recommended to reduce the amount of text to important keywords. Attendees can read the Extended Abstract for more information.
- Use visual cues that a) advertise your work and b) aid your oral presentation when explaining the poster to other conference attendees.
- Ask yourself: Is the poster going to draw in an audience? How well does the design of the poster effectively communicate the most important facets of the work?
At the conference
- Please have a look at the program for Monday and Tuesday to check your presentation day
- Please attach your poster on the poster walls in the morning of your presentation day
- Please be ready to give your 30-seconds-madness presentation. You will need to line-up with the other poster presenters. We will assist you in finding the right position in the line to have smooth hand-overs.
- Please get to your poster right after the 30-second-madness and discuss your work-in-progress with interested conference attendees.
- Please only remove the poster in the evening, after the last session of the day.
Please email the Work-in-Progress Chairs wip2017(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)auto-ui.org if you have any questions.